Subject: RE: bug#22627: 25.1.50; Wishlist: It would be nice if the grep buffer had a history

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 06:42:55 -0800 (PST)

>> . You can automatically rename the current grep buffer to reflect
>>   the args using
>>   (add-hook 'grep-mode-hook 'grepp-rename-buffer-to-last-no-confirm)
>>
>> . You can rename it thus on demand using `r'.
>>
>> . `+' renames current grep buffer uniquely (without the args) and
>>   switches to buffer `*grep*'
>>
>> . `b' reads a grep buffer name and switches to that buffer.  A grep
>>   buffer here is any buffer whose name matches `'\\*grep\\*', which
>>   includes those whose names include the arguments.
> 
> It would be nice to put buttons at the start of the buffer
> to do some of these things.  That way, users would not need
> to remember commands for them.

Maybe.  But there is something to be said for keeping the buffer
content as just `grep' output.  In `grep+.el' I've added the commands
to the menu-bar `Grep' menu instead.  (And there is `C-h m', which
mentions the keys in my version of `grep'.)

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/grep%2b.el