Subject: bug#22627: 25.1.50; Wishlist: It would be nice if the grep buffer had a history

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 16:52:14 +1100

`g' works fine for redoing, but it would be great if you could return to
the previous (and next) with the normal `r'/`n' commands.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.49 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.7)
 of 2016-02-11 built on mouse
Repository revision: e91b75de10881c1bb8b0f4cc14f35c68563dc356
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Ubuntu 15.10

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Grep

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/gnus/gnus-win.el...
Wrote /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/gnus/gnus-win.el
Saving file /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/ChangeLog...
Wrote /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/ChangeLog
Mark set
Grep finished (matches found)
user-error: Moved past last grep hit
l is undefined
Grep finished (matches found) [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-org hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-org
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-browse hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-browse
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-gnu hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-gnu
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs

Features:
(shadow ecomplete emacsbug sendmail whitespace eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe find-func shell pcomplete grep compile comint
bug-reference log-edit ring pcvs-util vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc url-queue url-cache mm-archive sort smiley
ansi-color gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-dup qp copyright misearch
multi-isearch vc vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode map gnus-ml gmane
spam-gmane dns mm-url disp-table gnus-fun gnus-mdrtn nndraft nnmh utf-7
gnus-topic nnfolder network-stream nsm starttls nnir spam-report spam
spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader wid-edit movie mkv shr
browse-url imdb dom pvr debug debbugs-gnu easy-mmode derived subr-x
debbugs soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls gnutls
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw puny url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp xml ido seq flyspell
ispell dired dired-loaddefs add-log mail-extr jka-compr cl finder-inf
info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
eieio-loaddefs gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 490407 86814)
 (symbols 48 123667 0)
 (miscs 40 417 1644)
 (strings 32 148615 10322)
 (string-bytes 1 5453824)
 (vectors 16 40139)
 (vector-slots 8 1598663 196673)
 (floats 8 569 807)
 (intervals 56 9600 1909)
 (buffers 976 59)
 (heap 1024 220484 33881))

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no