Subject: 25.1.50; Broken prompt-regexp for sql-postgres

From: Steve <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 20:41:14 +1300

I'm using a database with a name like "blah_dev", and sql-mode doesn't
detect my prompt in a recent snapshot build of Emacs, started with -Q.

The :prompt-regexp for postgres in sql.el is "^\\w*=[#>] ", and in
sql-interactive-mode buffers it seems that "_" is not considered a word
character.

It seems like "\\w" should be replaced with a match which doesn't depend
on the current syntax table, e.g. "[[:alpha:]_]".

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1507))
 of 2016-01-22 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-load-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  ipretty-mode: t
  global-rinari-mode: t
  rinari-minor-mode: t
  global-whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  guide-key-mode: t
  hes-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Type M-x delete-other-windows to delete the help window.
Quit
Subword mode enabled in current buffer
Subword mode disabled in current buffer
200 matches (limit reached) [3 times]
194 matches
Quit [5 times]

uncompressing sql.el.gz...done
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail re-builder align face-remap
cua-rect rect hippie-exp sql-indent sql move-dup character-fold misearch
multi-isearch gitconfig-mode conf-mode wgrep-ag wgrep grep vc-hg ag
find-dired browse-url org-capture bookmark linum magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-process magit-popup magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section
magit-utils git-commit log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp async tramp-sh debug cal-iso diary-lib diary-loaddefs
hl-line org-agenda descr-text smex company-quickhelp pos-tip haml-mode
markdown-mode textile-mode css-mode cursor-sensor js2-imenu-extras
js2-mode js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs checkdoc tramp-cache tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver view tabify vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs diff-hl-dired mmm-sample mmm-mode mmm-univ
mmm-class tidy rainbow-mode color mmm-erb mmm-region mmm-utils tagedit
sgml-mode cap-words superword subword robe url-http tls gnutls url-auth
url-gw puny url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap org-element org-rmail org-mhe
org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view image-mode dired-sort
dired+ image-dired image-file dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m ob-sqlite ob-sh shell ob-ruby
ob-python ob-octave ob-ledger ob-latex ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-R
org-clock org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs sh-script executable yaml-mode company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode
company-clang company-semantic company-eclim company-template
company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company-robe company disp-table
vc-git vc-darcs xml package-build mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums flycheck-package lisp-mnt
flycheck find-func subr-x elisp-slime-nav etags xref project redshank
skeleton rainbow-delimiters aggressive-indent highlight-quoted
highlight-symbol diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode
bug-reference paredit-everywhere paredit goto-addr init init-locales
init-local session sanityinc-tomorrow-bright-theme
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow server jka-compr init-ledger init-dash
init-misc init-common-lisp init-clojure-cider init-clojure init-slime
init-lisp cl-lib-highlight auto-compile packed ipretty pp init-paredit
init-sql init-rails rinari json map jump inflections findr
ruby-compilation which-func imenu pcomplete inf-ruby compile comint
ansi-color ruby-mode smie init-ruby-mode derived init-elm init-haskell
init-python-mode init-haml init-css init-html init-nxml init-org
init-php init-javascript easy-mmode init-erlang erlang-start init-csv
init-markdown init-textile init-crontab init-compile init-github
init-git init-darcs init-vc init-fci init-whitespace
whitespace-cleanup-mode whitespace init-editing-utils guide-key s popwin
dash highlight-escape-sequences whole-line-or-region page-break-lines
delsel cua-base paren undo-tree diff autorevert filenotify elec-pair
init-mmm mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-compat init-fonts init-sessions savehist
desktop frameset init-windows windmove switch-window quail winner ring
init-company init-hippie-expand init-ido ido-ubiquitous
ido-completing-read+ cus-edit cus-start cus-load ido seq init-recentf
recentf tree-widget wid-edit init-flycheck init-ibuffer ibuf-macs
init-uniquify init-grep init-isearch diminish anzu thingatpt init-dired
init-gui-frames init-osx-keys edmacro kmacro init-themes init-xterm
init-frame-hooks init-exec-path exec-path-from-shell init-elpa fullframe
finder-inf rx slime-autoloads info package epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs gnus-util mm-util help-fns
help-mode easymenu mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars init-site-lisp
cl-seq cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib init-utils init-compat
init-benchmarking advice time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1405822 192319)
 (symbols 48 72361 1)
 (miscs 40 10028 9847)
 (strings 32 195944 214186)
 (string-bytes 1 5887053)
 (vectors 16 94095)
 (vector-slots 8 2228073 154483)
 (floats 8 1325 2291)
 (intervals 56 25797 431)
 (buffers 976 157))