Subject: bug#22594: 25.1.50; mail-extract-address-components doesn't work on single-named people

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 13:22:20 +1100

(mail-extract-address-components "Rasmus <[email-masked]>")
=> (nil "[email-masked]")

There's the weird

(setq mail-extr-ignore-single-names t)

variable, but there is no difference in the result.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.11 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.7)
 of 2016-02-08 built on mouse
Repository revision: eb52f7015a26a5baac36430269ed2725d04ef41d
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	Ubuntu 15.10

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  debbugs-gnu-lisp-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Result: nil
 [4 times]
Result: 103 (#o147, #x67, ?g)
Back to top level
mail-extract-address-components [2 times]
Entering debugger...
Back to top level
mail-extract-address-components
Saving file /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/mail/mail-extr.el...
Wrote /home/larsi/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/mail/mail-extr.el

Load-path shadows:
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-org hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-org
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-browse hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-browse
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-gnu hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-gnu
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug pulse xref project edebug texinfo smerge-mode compile
comint qp nndoc mm-archive thingatpt mailalias smtpmail sendmail
ecomplete log-edit ring pcvs-util whitespace vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc bug-reference sort smiley ansi-color
gnus-cite copyright misearch multi-isearch gnus-html url-cache vc
vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode map find-func gnus-async gnus-dup gnus-ml
gmane spam-gmane dns mm-url disp-table gnus-fun gnus-mdrtn gnus-topic
nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnfolder network-stream nsm starttls nnir spam-report
spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit
movie mkv shr browse-url imdb dom pvr debug debbugs-gnu easy-mmode
derived subr-x debbugs soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums url-gw puny url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap warnings rng-xsd
rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp xml ido seq flyspell ispell dired
dired-loaddefs add-log mail-extr jka-compr cl finder-inf info package
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
eieio-loaddefs gnus-util mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs
pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 453196 64594)
 (symbols 48 113234 0)
 (miscs 40 626 1569)
 (strings 32 137774 13165)
 (string-bytes 1 5084264)
 (vectors 16 40249)
 (vector-slots 8 1607002 169977)
 (floats 8 607 785)
 (intervals 56 4130 848)
 (buffers 976 59)
 (heap 1024 199062 53807))

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no