Subject: 25.1.50; Gnus reports invalid regex when opening an article

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 00:40:24 +0100

When opening a posting or an email in Gnus, the message

    gnus-article-add-buttons: Invalid regexp: "Unmatched ( or \\("

appears.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2016-02-07 built on wolowitz
Repository revision: eb52f7015a26a5baac36430269ed2725d04ef41d
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --mandir=/usr/local/share/man/
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/info/ --with-x-toolkit=no --without-makeinfo
 --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --with-x'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB X11

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit [2 times]
t
gnus-article-add-buttons: Invalid regexp: "Unmatched ( or \\("
t
Making completion list...
Quit [2 times]
t
gnus-article-add-buttons: Invalid regexp: "Unmatched ( or \\("
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/visual-basic-mode hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/nxhtml/related/visual-basic-mode
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/prog-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/python-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/html-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/objc-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/html-mode/.yasmate-extra-substitutions hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/rails-mode/.yasmate-extra-substitutions
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/rails-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/html-mode/.yasmate-extra-substitutions hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/ruby-mode/.yasmate-extra-substitutions
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/snippets/fundamental-mode/.yas-setup hides /home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/yasnippet/yasmate/snippets/ruby-mode/.yas-setup
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-mode
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/preview-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/preview-latex
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-sample hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-sample
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-auto hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-auto
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-myghty hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-myghty
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-cweb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-cweb
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/auctex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/po-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/po-mode
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-cmds hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-cmds
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-vars hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-vars
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-erb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-erb
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-mason hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-mason
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-region hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-region
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-univ hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-univ
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/browse-kill-ring hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/browse-kill-ring
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-noweb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-noweb
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-utils hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-utils
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/tex-site hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-class hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-class
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-compat
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/mmm/mmm-rpm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/mmm-rpm
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-hooks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-hooks
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gui hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gui
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-com hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-com
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-xemacs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-xemacs
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-vm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-vm
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-sc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-sc
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-migrate hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-migrate
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-snarf hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-snarf
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-rmail
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-whois hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-whois
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-mhe
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-reportmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-reportmail
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-merge hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-merge
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gnus
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-print hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-print
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-autoloads hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-autoloads
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-ftp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-ftp
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-w3 hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-w3
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-srv hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-srv
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-dtree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-dtree
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-load hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-load
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-namazu hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-namazu
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-ccl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ccl
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-util hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-util
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-bug hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-bug
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-favicon hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-favicon
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-cookie hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-cookie
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-ucs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ucs
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-ems hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-ems
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-mail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-mail
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-hist hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-hist
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-bookmark hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-bookmark
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-antenna hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-antenna
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-fb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-fb
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/mew-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/mew-w3m
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-proc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-proc
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-rss hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-rss
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/octet hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/octet
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-symbol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-symbol
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-filter hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-filter
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-lnum hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-lnum
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-search hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-search
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/bookmark-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/bookmark-w3m
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-session hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-session
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-form hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-form
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-perldoc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-perldoc
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-tabmenu hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-tabmenu
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-image hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-image
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/w3m-weather hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m-weather
/home/bronger/.emacs.d/lisp/w3m/mime-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/mime-w3m

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug sendmail cus-edit debug add-log log-view pcvs-util
vc-annotate find-dired pp eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe shr
dom subr-x qp mm-archive gnus-bcklg ispell gnus-async gnus-ml gmane
character-fold misearch multi-isearch tramp-cache nndraft nnmh
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nnml
nnfolder gnus-cache bbdb-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com warnings network-stream
puny nsm starttls nntp gnus-topic gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils dabbrev imenu dired-aux vc vc-git diff-mode
disp-table python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell json map seq swift-mode go-mode url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap find-file ffap thingatpt etags xref project yaml-mode
dockerfile-mode derived rx sh-script smie executable dired-x
vc-dispatcher vc-bzr org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda
ob-python org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
server w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr dired dired-loaddefs image-mode
w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util rst compile comint ansi-color ring
browse-kill-ring mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto
mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat cl bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs preview
prv-emacs info reporter latex easy-mmode tex-style tex-buf tex dbus xml
advice autorevert filenotify preview-latex tex-site auto-loads edmacro
kmacro savehist desktop frameset delsel cus-start cus-load finder-inf
package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
eieio-loaddefs gnus-util mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs
pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 602968 25814)
 (symbols 48 129933 0)
 (miscs 40 1000 1097)
 (strings 32 171241 11349)
 (string-bytes 1 4967430)
 (vectors 16 76030)
 (vector-slots 8 1955325 98215)
 (floats 8 1269 379)
 (intervals 56 3920 398)
 (buffers 976 81)
 (heap 1024 84002 12495))

-- 
Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: [email-masked]