Subject: bug#22591: 25.0.50; [PATCH] imagemagick orientation EXIF tag is respected

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 14:02:49 +1100

Dima Kogan <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi. Here are two small patches to improve handling of images loaded with
> the imagemagick backend. They are:
>
> 1. Accept integer :rotation parameters. Previously only floating-point
> ones worked
>
> 2. If an EXIF orientation tag exists and no explicit :rotation exists,
> use the orientation. This happens early in the processing, so all the
> data (width, height, etc) that emacs sees applies to the rotated image.
>
> The motivation for this was that I was tired of seeing upside-down
> photos in my mu4e mail.

Looks good.  I wonder whether this should go in the trunk, though?  It's
a new feature of sorts.  But we could consider not showing images
correctly rotated a bug...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no