Subject: bug#22583: 25.1.50; find-library don't call find-function-after-hook

From: John Wiegley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 16:00:38 -0800

>>>>> Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Tino, could you resend these as one patch, using 'git format-patch' as
> described in CONTRIBUTE, with an appropriate commit message (which means
> using ChangeLog-style description, as also described in CONTRIBUTE).

> John, would you say it's okay for emacs-25?

At this point, qualification for inclusion into emacs-25 is fairly strict (now
clarifying for the sake of future discussion):

  - It should *not* result in any changes to the NEWS file, APIs, or existing
    documentation. Not unless we missed something major.

  - If it fixes new behavior -- so, it hasn't been out in the wild yet -- then
    just fix it if you think it's not destabilizing.

  - If it corrects old behavior, sufficient testing is needed to ensure that
    this "right" behavior does not lead to surprising behavior after two
    pretests have already been out.

Be very cautious with changes at this point, since they won't have had the
benefit of those pretests. Especially if it's a breakage that has been broken
for a long time, I say it can stay broken until 25.2. But if we're smoothing
out new code before it hits the streets, there is still a little time for
that.

-- 
John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2