Subject: 25.0.90; package-test fail on w64

From: Fabrice Popineau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 15:25:42 +0100

The are 2 failures.

One can be fixed simply by patching test/automated/package-test.el in
the following way:

diff --git a/test/automated/package-test.el b/test/automated/package-test.el
index e10946e..e2526e3 100644
--- a/test/automated/package-test.el
+++ b/test/automated/package-test.el
@@ -246,12 +246,15 @@ package-test-desc-version-string
   "Install a package which includes a dependency."
   (with-package-test (:basedir "data/package")
     (package-install-file (expand-file-name "macro-problem-package-1.0/"))
-    (require 'macro-problem)
+    (load-library "macro-aux")
+    (load-library "macro-problem")
     ;; `macro-problem-func' uses a macro from `macro-aux'.
     (should (equal (macro-problem-func) '(progn a b)))
     (package-install-file (expand-file-name "macro-problem-package-2.0/"))
     ;; After upgrading, `macro-problem-func' depends on a new version
     ;; of the macro from `macro-aux'.
+    (load-library "macro-aux")
+    (load-library "macro-problem")
     (should (equal (macro-problem-func) '(1 b)))
     ;; `macro-problem-10-and-90' depends on an entirely new macro from
`macro-aux'.
     (should (equal (macro-problem-10-and-90) '(10 90)))))

My question is: when you ``(require 'macro-problem)'',
should the package mechanism be clever enough to reload the files
when you upgrade the package? Because clearly it doesn't happen
there.

Second problem directly related to the underlying platform: the
connection to http://0.0.0.0:8000/ fails with a 10049 error.
This error is frequently reported on forums (see
http://www.sockets.com/err_lst1.htm for example).
I don't know what is the best fix.

diff --git a/test/automated/package-test.el b/test/automated/package-test.el
index e10946e..e2526e3 100644
--- a/test/automated/package-test.el
+++ b/test/automated/package-test.el
@@ -374,7 +377,7 @@ package-test-desc-version-string
   (skip-unless (not (getenv "NIX_STORE")))
   (with-package-test (:basedir
                       package-test-data-dir
-                      :location "http://0.0.0.0:8000/")
+                      :location "http://127.0.0.1:8000/")
     (let* ((package-menu-async t)
            (process (start-process
                      "package-server" "package-server-buffer"

In GNU Emacs 25.0.90.10 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-02-07 built on LOBSANG
Repository revision: 9a71f062ce6e610a8206108f551ad029ebac6d33
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.10586
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/c/Local/Emacs --libexecdir=/c/Local/Emacs/bin
 --datarootdir=/c/Local/Emacs --localstatedir=/c/Local/Emacs
 --sysconfdir=/c/Local/Emacs/etc --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png
 --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2 --with-gnutls --without-imagemagick
 --enable-checking=no 'CFLAGS=-I/mingw64/include -fomit-frame-pointer
 -O3 -g0 -mtune=corei7' CPPFLAGS=-I/mingw64/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/mingw64/lib'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify dbusbind w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 88612 6686)
 (symbols 56 19622 0)
 (miscs 48 37 105)
 (strings 32 15786 3899)
 (string-bytes 1 424977)
 (vectors 16 11609)
 (vector-slots 8 414040 4736)
 (floats 8 161 43)
 (intervals 56 256 6)
 (buffers 976 12))