Subject: bug#22582: 25.0.90; package-test fail on w64

From: Fabrice Popineau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 11:04:49 +0100

If I run the package-test-server.py and I try to connect from a browser with
http://0.0.0.0:8000/archive-contents, I get ERR_ADDRESS_INVALID.

But that I have the same error if I try to open:
http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8000/archive-contents with xx.xx.xx.xx being my current
IP address.

I get the file only if I connect to http://127.0.0.1:8000/archive-contents.

So I suspect that it is a default setting of the firewall in Windows 10.

The python server script
test/automated/data/package/package-test-server.py
runs explicitly on 127.0.0.1, so why not using this address in the test?
What does using 0.0.0.0 brings here in the
package-test-update-archives-async test?

Fabrice

2016-02-07 21:50 GMT+01:00 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:

> > From: Fabrice Popineau <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 20:17:59 +0100
> > Cc: [email-masked]
> >
> > The second problem is still there. Under Windows 10 and my setup, a
> 10049 error is reported
> > when trying to connect to http://0.0.0.0:8000/
>
> Thanks.  I guess it's something new with Windows 10, then.  (Error
> 10049 means "The requested address is not valid in its context.")
>
>