Subject: bug#22688: closed (Re: bug#22581: Strange minibuffer prompt on exiting Emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 00:20:03 +0000

Your bug report

#22581: 25.0.91; Ediff Quit prompt contains extraneous characters.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22581: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22581
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22581: Strange minibuffer prompt on exiting Emacs
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 19:19:31 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> The echo-keystrokes code and still very messy, tho :-(
                            ^^^
                            is

> That case looks good to me now. Thank you.

Thanks for confirming,
closing,

        Stefan

Subject: 25.0.91; Ediff Quit prompt contains extraneous characters.
From: Kevin Gallagher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:39:33 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

*Started Emacs 25.0.91 with 'emacs -Q'. Although the list of "Recent 
messages", below, does not show it, the Ediff Quit prompt in the 
Minibuffer is displayed as follows:

   Quit this Ediff session? (y or n)  switch-frame-

with the "  switch-frame-" characters being extraneous, of course. If 
one enters something other than 'y' or 'n', the re-prompt also contains 
the extraneous characters. So far, this is the only Minibuffer prompt I 
have encountered with this problem, though I must admit I have not done 
a lot of testing.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.91.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
  of 2016-02-15 built on JANUS3
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/c/emacs-25.0.91 CPPFLAGS=-I/c/usr/include'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: ENU
   locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Making completion list...
Computing differences between filladapt.el-orig and filladapt.el ...
Buffer A: Processing difference region 0 of 2
Buffer B: Processing difference region 0 of 2
Processing difference regions ... done
Refining difference region 1 ...
Refining difference region 2 ...
Quit this Ediff session? (y or n) y

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu mail-prsvr
mail-utils ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib ediff-util ediff time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 98221 9924)
  (symbols 32 20872 2)
  (miscs 32 48 262)
  (strings 16 19506 3615)
  (string-bytes 1 550413)
  (vectors 8 13294)
  (vector-slots 4 440062 5312)
  (floats 8 168 269)
  (intervals 28 464 39)
  (buffers 516 17))

*

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus