Subject: bug#22570: 24.5; [debbugs 0.9] encoding issue

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 09:55:41 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > With debbugs 0.9, doing M-x debbugs-gnu RET results in unknown symbol
>> > spam (see Recent messages: below).
>> >
>> > As an example, the first obvious problem I see in the *Emacs Bugs*
>> > buffer is
>> >
>> > 22549 normal [Ã“scar Fuentes ] 25.0.50; Tooltips placed outside of
>> > screen limits
>> 
>> I think Andreas fixed this in async.el in ELPA.  But perhaps a new
>> version hasn't been pushed?
>
> It was pushed, see commit 9e186e9 in ELPA.  Maybe Mark is still using
> the old version?

There's a problem with a package located on different elpa servers. I've
also updated to async 1.6 from GNU ELPA. But some days later, this was
overwritten by automatic package upgrade with async 20160108.1249 from
melpa, which does not contain the fix of Andreas.

How could I pin async to be updated only from GNU ELPA? And no, I don't
want to remove melpa from package-archives; there are other packages I'm
interested in.

Best regards, Michael.