Subject: bug#22564: Fundamental mode isn't fundamental enough.

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 20:39:36 +0100

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> OK, then it seems that this doesn't work on mintty.  How to tell for
>> sure from within Emacs?  How does Emacs determine the capabilities of
>> the terminal?
>
> Emacs cannot determine these capabilities, AFAIK.  We simply send the
> enabling command to the terminal; those which don't support it will
> ignore it.

Hmm.  The terminal doesn't seem to act like it has seen that sequence,
then.

>> Mintty has implemented bracketed paste mode, but Emacs doesn't seem to
>> recognize and/or use it, then.  Feel free to split this off into another
>> bug.
>
> Sounds like a different bug, indeed.  What is the init file in
> lisp/term/ that gets used for mintty?

Mintty either responds with xterm-256colors or screen-256colors,
depending on the context.  Other than that I don't know which init file
gets used or how to find out.

As another data point, konsole in KDE doesn't seem to be in bracketed
paste mode either when using 24.5 (is that supposed to be already
implemented there?  I think not, at least NEWS doesn't mention it).  A
very recent 25.0.90 does have it, but completely messes up the line
endings (it inserts lots of spurious trailing whitespace).  If I remove
the extraneous whitespace, then the paste is actually OK, i.e. doesn't
get indented.  Whether or not the trailing whitespace gets added seems
to depend on where I copy from: copying from the terminal window itself
adds whitespace, copying from an Emacs GUI frame doesn't.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Q+, Q and microQ:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds