Subject: bug#22564: Fundamental mode isn't fundamental enough.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 23:08:43 +0200

> From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 22:02:17 +0100
> 
> > The mode is always turned off by default; Emacs automatically turns it
> > on if the terminal supports it.
> 
> OK, then it seems that this doesn't work on mintty.  How to tell for
> sure from within Emacs?  How does Emacs determine the capabilities of
> the terminal?

Emacs cannot determine these capabilities, AFAIK.  We simply send the
enabling command to the terminal; those which don't support it will
ignore it.

> Mintty has implemented bracketed paste mode, but Emacs doesn't seem to
> recognize and/or use it, then.  Feel free to split this off into another
> bug.

Sounds like a different bug, indeed.  What is the init file in
lisp/term/ that gets used for mintty?