Subject: bug#22557: 25.0.90; Saving a buffer under auto-revert turns off file notifications

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 15:50:48 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> And as said, a renaming of a file should not turn file notifications
>> off. I will try to fix this.
>
> Neither should deleting a file, IMO.  Otherwise you will lose during
> saving, since that's what Emacs does then.

That's what I meant. Deleting a file by intention shall take it off of
file notification. Deleting a file temporarily, due to backup,
shouldn't. I'll see how I could manage it.

Fortunately, a `deleted'+`created' sequence is already handled as
`renamed' in filenotify.el. I'll check how robust this is with all
supported backends.

>> I really hate it that we have no ChangeLog anymore, maintained by the
>> developers.
>
> Maybe we should re-introduce them.  git-merge-changelog makes merging
> them all but free of problems, so perhaps we are paying a price that's
> too heavy for eliminating ChangeLog.

+++++++++1

Best regards, Michael.