Subject: Re: bug#22556: HEAD; autogen.sh automatic parameter isn't working

From: David Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 10:06:56 -0800

On 2/5/16 9:41 AM, Glenn Morris wrote:
> David Caldwell wrote:
> 
>>> The autoconf manual says that this is portable to all shells that
>>> support functions, so it should be fine, since autogen.sh uses
>>> functions.
>>
>> Sorry, were you referring to "${*-autoconf}" or "${*:-autoconf}" being
>> portable?
> 
> I meant that your patch should be fine to apply.
> But AFAICS at the next merge from emacs-25 the relevant code will all
> disappear anyway. Or there will be a merge conflict.

If the merge isn't going to happen today, would you mind installing the
patch (I would but I don't have a commit bit)? It's currently causing my
automated builds to break. And if I change the builder to pass the
"autoconf" flag, then if the code goes away in a merge it might break
again tomorrow.

> (BTW, please try to put the right version number in the subject.
> I thought this report was about the emacs-25 branch, but it seems it
> wasn't.)

Apologies, I even looked at it twice and thought it was correct. :-) I
guess I got confused because of the freeze and the recent version changes.

-David