Subject: 24.5; enriched-mode: C-S-a/S-Home doesn't mark to beginning of line

From: Travis Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 06:30:52 -0600

After launching Emacs with ‘emacs -Q’, typing “C-x b newbuffer M-x
enriched-mode”, then “||abcdefgfoo” followed by C-S-a or S-<Home>, point 
returns to the ‘a’ with nothing highlighted. In other modes, this key 
returns to the very beginning of the line starting with ‘|’ and with the 
line marked, as expected. C-S-e/S-<End> still works as expected in this 
and other modes. I could not find anything in the Enriched Text section 
of the Emacs manual that mentions this discrepancy.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
  of 2016-01-27 on ijel
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11601000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
  `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
  'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
  --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -g -fvar-tracking-assignments'
  CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
  LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
   value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: en_DK.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 71026 8155)
  (symbols 48 17556 0)
  (miscs 40 35 138)
  (strings 32 9039 4601)
  (string-bytes 1 246788)
  (vectors 16 8908)
  (vector-slots 8 383094 18351)
  (floats 8 63 234)
  (intervals 56 187 6)
  (buffers 960 11)
  (heap 1024 37026 987))