Subject: bug#22543: closed (Re: bug#22543: 404 in Manualpage)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:31:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22543: 404 in Manualpage

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22543: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22543
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22543: 404 in Manualpage
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Nils Gillmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 22:30:40 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The broken links stem from missing/incomplete cross-reference info for
‘makeinfo’ in the ‘htmlxref.cnf’ config file (info "(texinfo) HTML Xref
Configuration").

Commit 49e0ca9 adds this file to the repo, taken from Texinfo 6.1 and
modified to fix some of the links (like GnuTLS) and include others
(Shepherd, Guile-Avahi, etc.)

When we update the manual for the next release, everything will be
alright hopefully.  In the meantime, it’s easier to leave things as is,
and hopefully not too much of an issue.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: 404 in Manualpage
From: Nils Gillmann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 14:41:04 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The manual page
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Requirements.html#Requirements

contains a link to

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/gnutls-guile/Guile-Preparations.html#Guile-Preparations

which give a 404. I am not familiar with what's supposed to be there, a
quick search for "gnutls-guile/Guile-Preparations.html" in duckduckgo gives me
http://www.gnutls.org/manual/gnutls-guile/Guile-Preparations.html as one
of 2 results.

Should I fix the link to this one and send in a patch?

Thanks,
-- 
ng/ni*
vcard: http://krosos.sdf.org