Subject: Re: bug#22534: File notify broken on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 20:09:32 +0200

> From: Fabrice Popineau <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 11:43:10 +0100
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
>  > events: ((created changed deleted)) ((17491048 created
>  > c:/Users/Fabrice/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent20748Ali/file-notify-test20748Nvo)
>  > (17491048 changed
>  > c:/Users/Fabrice/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent20748Ali/file-notify-test20748Nvo))
> 
>  Fails also for me in batch mode. Surprisingly, it doesn't fail always,
>  sometimes (about 1 in 10 runs) it succeeds here, and fails in the next
>  step. Strange.
> 
> I see the same. The deleted notifications number vary. When you expect 2, sometimes I see 1.
> When you expect one, sometimes I see it. But not frequently.

Did you try adding calls to read-event after the functions that are
supposed to produce these events?

(I didn't yet have time to look into the traces.  Will do when I have
time.)

Btw, is there an easy way of running just one test out of
file-notify-test.el?  Running all of them takes a long time,
especially now that the 06 test is no longer considered "expensive".

Thanks.