Subject: Re: bug#22534: File notify broken on Windows

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 11:27:27 +0100

Fabrice Popineau <[email-masked]> writes:

> events: ((created changed deleted)) ((17491048 created
> c:/Users/Fabrice/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent20748Ali/file-notify-test20748Nvo)
> (17491048 changed
> c:/Users/Fabrice/AppData/Local/Temp/file-notify-test-parent20748Ali/file-notify-test20748Nvo))

Fails also for me in batch mode. Surprisingly, it doesn't fail always,
sometimes (about 1 in 10 runs) it succeeds here, and fails in the next
step. Strange.

If we do not care the missing `deleted' event in batch mode, I could
make it optional in the test. But maybe it is an indication for a
serious problem in w32notify.

Eli?

> I must add that the same test works interactively. 
> It is only in batch mode that I don't see the deleted notifications.

Same here.

> Fabrice

Best regards, Michael.