Subject: File notify broken on Windows

From: Fabrice Popineau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 07:23:43 +0100

When I run 'make check', the process is stuck on filenotify tests.
If I try to run the tests interactively, I have to hit 'Ctrl-g'.
Emacs waits forever on the first test.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.90.4 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-02-02 built on LOBSANG
Repository revision: 17b39a44e9106bae6c084441a29c5ec77f36a721
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.10586
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/c/Local/Emacs --libexecdir=/c/Local/Emacs/bin
 --datarootdir=/c/Local/Emacs --localstatedir=/c/Local/Emacs
 --sysconfdir=/c/Local/Emacs/etc --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png
 --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2 --with-gnutls --without-imagemagick
 --enable-checking=no 'CFLAGS=-I/mingw64/include -fomit-frame-pointer
 -O3 -g0 -mtune=corei7' CPPFLAGS=-I/mingw64/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/mingw64/lib'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify dbusbind w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 88664 8174)
 (symbols 56 19615 0)
 (miscs 48 37 84)
 (strings 32 15795 4324)
 (string-bytes 1 424760)
 (vectors 16 11609)
 (vector-slots 8 411396 4797)
 (floats 8 161 40)
 (intervals 56 256 6)
 (buffers 976 12))