Subject: bug#22533: Python bytecode reproducibility

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 15:43:11 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I suppose we'll have to set PYTHONHASHSEED somewhere in
>> python-build-system as well.  Did you check if that makes a difference
>> for numpy?  Perhaps it's enough to set it if we add an auto-compilation
>> step?
>
> Right, I’m going to test this with numpy now.  Thanks for the hint!

It did help with one file, which is now built reproducibly, namely

  lib/python3.6/site-packages/numpy/testing/nose_tools/__pycache__/utils.cpython-36.pyc

This leaves five files in numpy that shouldn’t be but unfortunately are
different.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net