Subject: bug#22501: 25.0.50; Build failure byte compiling ns-win.el

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:27:43 +0000

Building Emacs from a clean checkout of the current emacs-25, I get
the error:

  ELC      /G/emacs/repo/emacs/lisp/term/ns-win.elc
G:/emacs/repo/emacs/lisp/term/ns-win.el:54:1:Error: Wrong type
argument: char-table-p, "uni-combining.el"

ns-win.el itself hasn't changed recently.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-01-25 built on MACHINE
Repository revision: 6475f9265ecf21a8d49bc3ac0dc66010c9ec6b05
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.10586
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix /c/emacs/emacs-20160125-012901
 --without-imagemagick --disable-dependency-tracking
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp 'CFLAGS=-Og -g -ggdb''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Compilation

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
Compilation exited abnormally with code 2
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark deactivated

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils vc vc-dispatcher
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode map character-fold misearch multi-isearch
shell pcomplete compile comint ansi-color ring seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
dired time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
w32notify dbusbind w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 127962 12171)
 (symbols 56 21466 0)
 (miscs 48 67 171)
 (strings 32 30682 13958)
 (string-bytes 1 719951)
 (vectors 16 16113)
 (vector-slots 8 502695 4989)
 (floats 8 189 178)
 (intervals 56 4231 0)
 (buffers 976 14))