Subject: Re: bug#22493: 25.1.50; open-gnutls-stream doesn't respect :nowait, so the connections are synchronous

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 18:34:44 +1100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> And as I've said repeatedly, gnutls_boot is only synchronous now as a
>> quirk of our implementation, and making it async is the next step I am
>> going to take.  But it's a separate issue, and will be dealt with once
>> the first round of changes are in.
>
> If by "making it async" you mean to test for it in the idle loop, that
> is not really async, and _that_ is _my_ point, which I've expressed
> repeatedly already.  Waiting in the idle loop is still waiting, as far
> as the main thread is concerned.

There is no waiting in the GnuTLS library during negotiation.  It is
fully asynchronous.  If any action blocks, it will return, and we can
proceed later.  It works, seen from the application side, as any other
network connection.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no