Subject: 25.1.50; Doc string of `isearch-lax-whitespace' does not show toggle key

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 07:55:45 -0800 (PST)

The doc string says you can toggle using command
`isearch-togggle-lax-whitespace'.  That's pretty useless, as it makes
sense only during Isearch.  It should say that you can use key `M-s SPC'
to do this.  IOW, there is a missing \\[...] envelope.

Not only that, but if you actually try `M-x
isearch-toggle-lax-whitespace' you may be in for a bit of a surprise.

The same doc-string problem holds for other Isearch doc strings that
mention this command - they should all use \\[...] and say that you can
use this _during Isearch_ to toggle the variable value.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-12-10
Repository revision: 6148555ee5a3d0139ae517803718b3e0357933c7
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk --enable-checking=yes
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-Og
 -ggdb3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''