Subject: Re: bug#22478: 25.1.50; tramp error: Wrong method specification for‘scp’

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 12:47:00 +0200

Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Sam,

>> Maybe you start again with a fresh Emacs session, recompiled from a
>> recent checkout, and w/o the patch I gave you yesterday. Full traces
>> (sent to me off-list, if you want), shall tell us more.
>
> The server I use (podval) has just been fixed, so I am a happy camper
> for now.
>
> I think you should be able to reproduce the problem yourself by breaking
> perl on a server you control. This way you will be able to debug the
> problem without waiting for my logs.

I've tried this, but couldn't provoke the other error you've
reported. Is there a chance that podval breaks, again? Otherwise, I
don't see what I could do else.

> Thanks again for your generous help!

Best regards, Michael.