Subject: Re: bug#22470: 25.1.50; vc-annotate (HG) does not display changes within one day (colors)

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:18:47 +0000

>>> "GM" == Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

    > Uwe Brauer wrote:
    >> For master vc-annotate displays the lines all in the same color while
    >> emacs-25-branch distinguish them.

    > FWIW, I see no difference between current master and emacs-25.
    > It also seems self-evident to me that if you've set the date to only
    > display at the level of days, you'll only get colouring at the same
    > level.

Well I hoped one could generate coloring which reflects changes within
the day, but display the time format deleting the hours and minutes but
it seems not to be possible.

    > The current vc-annotate behavior for hg seems consistent with eg git.

Well but I still think it were better to display changes which occur
within a day.

    > Finally, at a very quick glance that ahg thing seems to colorize
    > based on revision number, not on age, which is a different scheme.

By revision number do you mean the changeset or the internal local
revision number which hg assigns to its commits but git does not? If it
is the former, maybe that would be a more appropriate model for
vc-annotate?

    > So personally I see no bug here.

I did not use the word bug, I was asked to send a bug report in order to
find out whether there is a bug.