Subject: Re: bug#22440: 25.1.50; package.el fails to install with package-check-signature t

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 15:05:15 -0700

On 05/18/2016 02:09 PM, Artur Malabarba wrote:
> Should now be fixed on the emacs-25 branch. Please test if it works 
> for you as well.

When I build emacs-25 now, it issues new warnings like the following. 
What are these warnings symptoms of, and can the problem be avoided?

   ELC      emacs-lisp/package.elc

In package--check-signature:
emacs-lisp/package.el:1248:36:Warning: reference to free variable ‘url’
emacs-lisp/package.el:1248:36:Warning: reference to free variable ‘b-sym’

In package--download-one-archive:
emacs-lisp/package.el:1508:39:Warning: reference to free variable ‘url’
emacs-lisp/package.el:1508:39:Warning: reference to free variable ‘b-sym’

In package-install-from-archive:
emacs-lisp/package.el:1806:36:Warning: reference to free variable ‘url’
emacs-lisp/package.el:1806:36:Warning: reference to free variable ‘b-sym’

In describe-package-1:
emacs-lisp/package.el:2403:53:Warning: reference to free variable ‘url’
emacs-lisp/package.el:2403:53:Warning: reference to free variable ‘b-sym’