Subject: 25.0.50; recentf pastes X clipboard upon opening

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 19:14:50 +0200

For the record, I can reproduce this.

Additional notes for the recipe:

> M-x recentf-open-files

One needs to have a recentf file "~/.emacs.d/recentf" from a previous
use at this point.

> Choose a file from the menu.

Choose using the mouse.

<mouse-button> C-h l results in this log:

   <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
   [widget-button-click]
   <mouse-2> [mouse-yank-primary]
   C-h l [view-lossage]

>From where does the <mouse-2> come here?

Reviewing Stefan's change, reverting this hunk in lisp/mouse.el fixes
the issue for me, but than that change was intentional of course :-( :

  @@ -112,7 +111,7 @@ mouse--down-1-maybe-follows-link
                 timedout (not timedout))
             nil

  -        (let ((event (read-event)))
  +        (let ((event (read-key))) ;Use read-key so it works for xterm-mouse-mode!
             (if (eq (car-safe event) (if (eq mouse-1-click-follows-link 'double)
                                          'double-mouse-1 'mouse-1))
                 ;; Turn the mouse-1 into a mouse-2 to follow links.