Subject: Re: bug#22426: 24.5; Crash from full-screen in OS X for emacs 24.5

From: James P. Ascher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 18:24:21 -0500

> I don't see this behaviour, however I run 10.10.
>
> There has been some work done in this area -- Can you try this on
> development version of 25.1 and see if the problems exists there? (A
> "nightie" from http://emacsforosx.com/builds would do.)

It seems that 25 fixes the problem. The bug does NOT occur with
Emacs-2016-01-24_01-41-01-8cdb9ac0fb060366bc823de84ecdba258716addb-universal.dmg
from that address. I also checked the build of 24 up there (
Emacs-24.5-1-universal.dmg ) and it still has the same bug, but I can
confirm that the bug is gone in that nightly build of 25.

I'm totally happy to help debug the problem in 24, as it would be an
excuse to understand the development process better, but I'm also happy
to wait for 25.1 to become stable, which seems imminent.

Say the word and I'll figure out how to compile a debugging version of
24 (I just managed to codesign gdb), but I suspect that energy may be
better spent on 25.

With appreciation,
-James