Subject: 24.5; hide-ifdef-mode does not consider #elif defined

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 11:26:45 +0100

Hi,

the hide-ifdef-mode minor mode does not consider "#elif defined"
lines. Example program demonstrating the issue:

    #include <stdio.h>
    
    int main()
    {
    #if defined(_WIN32)
      printf("Windows\n");
    #elif defined(__unix__)
      printf("Unixish\n");
    #else
    #error unsupported system
    #endif
      return 0;
    }

Trying to collapse only the "#if defined(_WIN32)" part or only the
"#elif defined(__unix__)" part will not work. hide-ifdef-mode should
allow that.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-10 on foutrelis
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  hide-ifdef-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Hide-Ifdef mode enabled
Hiding...
Hiding done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils hideif cc-langs cl-loaddefs cl-lib
cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 105462 3848)
 (symbols 48 20132 0)
 (miscs 40 39 110)
 (strings 32 16768 4033)
 (string-bytes 1 565621)
 (vectors 16 9374)
 (vector-slots 8 369105 11156)
 (floats 8 65 359)
 (intervals 56 230 0)
 (buffers 960 12)
 (heap 1024 26161 812))