Subject: Re: bug#22420: Zsh test failure

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 22:02:53 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Zsh fails to build due to a test failure on my system (x86_64).
>
> The test suite does not report where the failure occurs but I believe it
> is in section 'Test/B02typeset.ztst' as a result of patch-shebang
> failing to find a binary interpreter for 'Test/ztst.zsh':
>
> patch-shebang: ./Test/ztst.zsh: warning: no binary for interpreter `zsh' found in $PATH
>
> I wonder if this means that the file is being interpreted by Bash, or
> maybe the 'sh' mode of Bash.

It means that the ztst.zsh contains #!/usr/bin/zsh or similar, and when
the ‘patch-shebangs’ phase runs, there’s no ‘zsh’ binary in $PATH, so
the file is left unpatched with its bogus shebang.

That means that attempts to exec ztst.zsh systematically fail.

However, I see that Zsh appears to build fine on x86_64-linux as of
v0.9.0-1121-gaca738f.  What Guix commit are you using?

Thanks,
Ludo’.