Subject: bug#22406: Cannot compile for Windows x64 due to LLP64 model

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 16:01:13 -0400

Peter TB Brett <[email-masked]> writes:

> It is not currently possible to compile Guile 2.0.11 for Windows x64
> (in particular 64-bit Windows running on the x86-64 arch).
>
> Most operating systems' C libraries for x86-64 use an "LP64" model,
> where sizeof(long int) == sizeof(void *) == 8.
>
> However, for backwards-compatibility reasons, Windows uses an "LLP64"
> model, where sizeof(long long int) == sizeof(void *) == 8 and
> sizeof(long int) == 4.

I pushed commit b0a702d7733e02cb68ea2331bd632e25a3127c75 to stable-2.0
which should, I hope, fix the specific issues raised in this bug report.
However, there are likely to be other places in guile where similar
assumptions are made.  If you'd like to test current 'stable-2.0' on
LLP64, we can proceed.

    Thanks!
      Mark