Subject: Re: bug#22399: org-mode fontification

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:44:58 -0500

Thanks for having a look.

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>  	    (unless (eq major-mode lang-mode) (funcall lang-mode))
>> -            (org-font-lock-ensure)
>> +	    ;; Avoid `font-lock-ensure', which does not display fonts in
>> +	    ;; source block.
>> +	    (font-lock-fontify-buffer)
>
> Intuitively, this looks like a wrong fix.  Do you have a reproducible
> recipe showing the problem that you're trying to fix?

Sure.  With

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
  (require 'cl-lib)
  (message "test")
#+END_SRC
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

in /tmp/scratch.org, run

  emacs -Q --eval "(setq org-src-fontify-natively t)" --visit /tmp/scratch.org

Go to the code block and hit C-c ' (org-edit-special), and then exit
with another C-c '.  Without this change, the source block is no longer
highlighted as elisp code when I return to the buffer.

I don't think it's just something odd on my end because, when we
backported 6711a21, a user reported that he lost highlighting in source
blocks.

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/99495

--
Kyle