Subject: bug#22399: org-mode fontification

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 10:33:12 -0500

Rasmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> The first patch replaces the font-lock-ensure compatibility alias from
>> 6711a21f1 with the one currently used in the Org repo (from commit
>> e6883dd03).  The new alias is limited to being called with no
>> arguments, but, at the moment, no Org code calls font-lock-ensure with
>> any arguments.
>
> I just have one concern, which is pretty theoretical.  Isn’t it bad to
> define the alias to be font-lock-ensure since this is an existing function
> and people would have clear expectations of what they are calling?  I
> realize that there’s no Emacs-25 that will not have this function (which
> is why it’s very theoretical).

I agree, but, like you, I'm not sure it will matter in practice.  Again,
this was the solution that was already in Org's repo at the time I
backported Emacs's 6711a21f1.  However, it's easy enough to switch to
using an org-font-lock-ensure variant that avoids these issues, so I
will do that (in an updated patch and on Org's maint).

--
Kyle