Subject: bug#22392: Emacs OS X GUI doesn't set locale

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 23:57:47 +0000

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 06:03:30AM +0100, Anders Lindgren wrote:
> Today, I tested this patch on OS X and GNUstep. From what I can see, it
> applies cleanly and work as intended.
> 
> As the LANG variable is set early in the initialisation process, it will be
> propagated to `process-environment' and thus set for all processes started
> by Emacs.
> 
> I suggest that we apply this patch, so that it will be included in the next
> Emacs 25 pretest.

I received confirmation of my copyright assignment today, so if
someone wants to apply the patch, that would be great.

Additionally, if it is applied the documentation should probably be
updated too. There's a bit under General Variables that should read
something like:

On MS-Windows and OS X, if LANG is not already set in the environment
when Emacs starts, Emacs sets it based on the system-wide default
language. This can be set in the 'Regional Settings' Control Panel on
some versions of MS-Windows and in the 'Language and Region' System
Preference on OS X.

Should I recreate the patch with that change in it?

-- 
Alan Third