Subject: bug#22384: Requirements for an ARM port?

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 10:10:27 +0200

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 21:27:26 +1100
Jookia <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hey there,
> 
> I'm considering seeing if I can get GuixSD to work on an ARM board of mine. I'd
> like to know what the main blockers are that I'll need to pass. From what I've
> read and understood, the reason there's no ARM port now is lack of work and
> reliance on GRUB. Assuming I bootstrap and set up a u-boot package for my
> specific board, what else would I need to do?
> 
> Cheers,
> Jookia.
> 

According to the documentation, the arm board needs to be armv7 or later, and
support hard float, thumb-2, NEON, and support the EABI hard-float ABI.

I don't know a lot about setting up arm boards, but if I understand it
correctly, u-boot -> kernel -> guixsd image, where u-boot and the kernel get
updated in tandem.

I wish you much luck with getting GuixSD to run on an arm board, I think many
of us are looking forward to this working.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted