Subject: bug#22372: [PATCH] automake.in: fix deprecated regex syntax

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:27:24 +0100

Enrico Jorns <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Running automake with perl >= 5.22.0 produces the warning
>
>   Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex;
>   marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/ at
>   /ptx/work/dude/ejo/temptest/nodistro.0/sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/bin/automake
>   line 3936.
>
> With perl-5.22.0 using a literal '{' in regexp is deprecated and should
> be escaped.
> This patch escapes the '{' characters to match in the regex of function
> `substitute_ac_subst_variables_worker`.

I confirm that this solves the problem.

This had previously been reported at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake-patches/2015-07/msg00000.html>.
I think it would be nice to apply it and put up a 1.15.1 release because
more and more people will hit this issue.

WDYT?

Ludo’.