Subject: bug#22369: 24.5; comment-style 'extra-line' doesn't correctly indent with tabs

From: "Geyslan G. Bem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 22:44:52 -0300

(setq c-basic-offset 8
      tab-width 8
      indent-tabs-mode t
      comment-style 'extra-line)
(c-set-style "linux")

Using the above settings the comment-dwim (with region active) indent
the second and last lines with spaces instead of tabs.

        /*
         * void main()
         * {
         *  int i;
         *  int b;
         *  printf("format string");
         * }
         */

For better comprehension check out this
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34710840/c-comment-in-emacs-linux-kernel-style-v2

May I suggest the addition of a new comment-style option that does like this?

        /* void main()
         * {
         *  int i;
         *  int b;
         *  printf("format string");
         * }
         */

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-09 on foutrelis
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11800000
System Description:    Arch Linux

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: pt_BR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

Load-path shadows:
/home/geyslan/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20151106.2158/helm-multi-match hides
/home/geyslan/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20151104.0/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message idna format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils jka-compr find-func help-fns sregex
re-builder debug tabify cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs help-mode
go-mode-autoloads info easymenu package epg-config edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 132515 7051)
 (symbols 48 21866 0)
 (miscs 40 226 747)
 (strings 32 23818 4361)
 (string-bytes 1 883190)
 (vectors 16 12839)
 (vector-slots 8 428611 6669)
 (floats 8 75 442)
 (intervals 56 799 191)
 (buffers 960 17)
 (heap 1024 45432 1517))