Subject: 24.5; nxml-mode completion does not work due to missing hook

From: Robin Green <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 18:19:31 +0000

I needed to run rng-nxml-mode-init before completion would do anything 
in nxml-mode. I saw that the hook to run rng-nxml-mode-init in nxml-mode 
was removed, probably by accident, when nxml-mode was added to emacs, 
and this was discussed in 2008, but it seems the bug was never fixed.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.17.8)
of 2015-09-11 on buildvm-21.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11800000
Configured using:
`configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
--disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
--bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
--datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
--libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
--sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
--with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
--with-gpm=no build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
-pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
-grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
-m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: nXML

Minor modes in effect:
recentf-mode: t
global-flycheck-mode: t
flycheck-mode: t
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
github-notifier-mode: t
window-numbering-mode: t
helm-mode: t
async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
projectile-global-mode: t
projectile-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
pallet-mode: t
desktop-save-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Missing attribute value
Text not allowed [6 times]
Missing closing delimiter
Required attributes missing

Load-path shadows:
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/helm-20160112.2025/helm-multi-match 
hides 
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/helm-core-20160111.2319/helm-multi-match
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/flim-20151212.2350/hex-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/hex-util
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/flim-20151212.2350/md4 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/md4
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/flim-20151212.2350/sasl-cram 
hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/flim-20151212.2350/hmac-def hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/hmac-def
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/flim-20151212.2350/sasl-ntlm 
hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/flim-20151212.2350/sasl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/sasl
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/flim-20151212.2350/ntlm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/ntlm
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/flim-20151212.2350/hmac-md5 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/home/robin/.emacs.d/.cask/24.5.1/elpa/flim-20151212.2350/sasl-digest 
hides /usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/sasl-digest

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug sendmail wgrep find-dired mail-extr tabify man
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe recentf tree-widget repeat
thing-cmds hide-comnt misearch multi-isearch hl-line epg finder-inf
mm-archive message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader url-handlers paradox paradox-menu mule-util
paradox-commit-list hydra lv paradox-execute paradox-github paradox-core
spinner python tramp-cache hippie-exp ido image-file goto-addr cus-edit
wid-edit genrnc yaxception log4e concurrent deferred em-glob esh-util
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug eldoc winner mail-utils
desktop+ jka-compr yaml-mode markdown-mode noutline outline conf-mode
sh-script smie executable nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util
nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok ensime-company yasnippet company scala-mode2
scala-mode2-imenu scala-mode2-sbt scala-mode2-map scala-mode2-fontlock
scala-mode2-indent scala-mode2-paragraph scala-mode2-lib hl-todo pcase
flycheck find-func rx subr-x seq ensime ensime-sbt sbt-mode
sbt-mode-rgrep sbt-mode-comint sbt-mode-buffer sbt-mode-project
ensime-http ensime-ui ensime-semantic-highlight ensime-doc ensime-search
ensime-undo ensime-startup ensime-refactor diff-mode ensime-popup
ensime-notes ensime-model ensime-mode ensime-inspector imenu
ensime-goto-testfile ensime-editor popup ensime-debug gdb-mi bindat gud
ensime-stacktrace ensime-inf ensime-completion-util scala-mode2-syntax
ensime-config ensime-util ensime-client ensime-vars flymake hideshow
arc-mode archive-mode ensime-macros cl gnutls network-stream starttls
url-http tls url-gw url-cache url-auth github-notifier bookmark+
bookmark+-key derived bookmark+-1 bookmark+-bmu help-mode bookmark+-lit
window-numbering helm-mode helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp
async helm-projectile helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux
ffap helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp
helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source gnus-util password-cache url-vars mailcap
helm-buffers helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin helm-elscreen helm-utils
helm-locate helm-help helm-types helm helm-source helm-multi-match
helm-lib dired projectile grep compile comint ansi-color ring ibuf-ext
ibuffer thingatpt server javap-mode edmacro kmacro bind-key easy-mmode
browse-at-remote vc-git pallet eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra cconv eieio-core advice info easymenu cask cl-macs gv
cask-bootstrap package-build mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr json
lisp-mnt shut-up epl git commander f dash s ucs-normalize package
epg-config desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1506222 229587)
(symbols 48 52093 7)
(miscs 40 2822 915)
(strings 32 161905 57885)
(string-bytes 1 4530999)
(vectors 16 82236)
(vector-slots 8 2056125 134348)
(floats 8 513 1696)
(intervals 56 164945 1377)
(buffers 960 105)
(heap 1024 143801 16388))