Subject: Re: bug#22364: 25.0.50; Emacs freezes when regenating tags

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 12:07:45 -0500

ReneFroger wrote:

> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/19075/regenerate-tags-without-freezing-emacs-for-a-while
>
>
> When I call the command `projectile-regenate-tags` while I'm in the
> middle of a project, the project will be scanned by ctags and the tags
> are stored in the TAGS file.
>
> While all this action is progressing, Emacs is unreachable unitl the
> generation of tags is completed. Others told me this is a bug of
> Emacs, not projectile, and I need to report it here.

The others are incorrect.
Let me quote a more helpful reply someone made there:

    It's a bug for projectile to do this synchronously, not for Emacs to
    do what it's told to. There is no magical switch that makes every
    single operation in Emacs non-blocking, it's up to package authors
    to leverage its possibilities properly.