Subject: bug#22361: 11.89; No completion of \implies or \iff math symbols

From: Aiko Kyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 20:58:11 -0700

Hi,

I use company-auctex for completion of latex symbols and I noticed that
while \Longrightarrow \Longleftrightarrow are completed, \imples and
\iff are not completed. I checked company-auctex's source and I believe
it ultimately gets these completions from the LaTeX-math-default
symbol defined in latex.el. I was hoping that \implies and \iff could be
added to LaTeX-math-default so that it would be possible to get these as
possible canidates for completion.

Thanks!

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS
apple-appkit-1265.21)
 of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Package: 11.89

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2015-11-13"
 window-system 'ns
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("/usr/local/var/auctex"
"/Users/akyle/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.89/style"
                  "/Users/akyle/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
"/Users/akyle/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto"
                  "style")
 TeX-auto-save nil
 TeX-parse-self t
 TeX-master t
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX"
                     "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %(extraopts)
%`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode
texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run plain TeX")
                    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil (latex-mode
doctex-mode) :help
                     "Run LaTeX")
                    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile
nil (texinfo-mode)
                     :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"
TeX-run-compile nil
                     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                    ("AmSTeX" "amstex %(PDFout) %(extraopts) %`%S%(mode)%'
%t" TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                    ("ConTeXt" "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil %(extraopts)
%(execopts)%t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt
once")
                    ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help "Run
BibTeX")
                    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run
Biber")
                    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help "Run
Viewer")
                    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the
file")
                    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help "View the
printer queue" :visible
                     TeX-queue-command)
                    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t t :help
                     "Generate PostScript file")
                    ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil t
:help
                     "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
                    ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil t :help
                     "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
                    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-index nil t :help
                     "Run makeindex to create index file")
                    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
                     "Run xindy to create index file")
                    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
:help
                     "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil
(latex-mode) :help
                     "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function
nil t :help
                     "Spell-check the document")
                    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate files")
                    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t
:help
                     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run an arbitrary
command"))
 )