Subject: bug#22360: set-marker called on plain var

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 08:19:45 +0100

Emacs -Q

M-x comint-accumulate from comint.el

calls

(set-marker comint-accum-marker (point))

where comint-accum-marker is initialized as a plain var, not marker. 
Thus resulting in error: "
Wrong type argument: markerp, nil"

;;;;;;;;

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.25)
  of 2016-01-04 built on sprache
Repository revision: ef069ca8cc5377ed745bd2ad2521e544c57974cd
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 8.2 (jessie)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
  [2 times]
Result: 53 (#o65, #x35, ?5)

Wrong type argument: markerp, nil
Back to top level
C-c e is undefined
(New file)
Quit
You can run the command ‘emacs-version’ with M-x em-v RET
Auto-saving...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils edebug vc vc-dispatcher vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode map find-func help-fns seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode sql easymenu view thingatpt comint
ansi-color ring cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 175038 8114)
  (symbols 24 39394 0)
  (miscs 20 62 311)
  (strings 16 55910 5767)
  (string-bytes 1 957255)
  (vectors 8 15295)
  (vector-slots 4 477479 5332)
  (floats 8 171 326)
  (intervals 28 486 8)
  (buffers 520 17)
  (heap 1024 31964 837))