Subject: Re: bug#22344: 25.0.50 (and 24.5.1, 24.4); Sending 4097 bytes to a subprocess hangs Emacs on Windows 8 and 10

From: Benjamin Schwehn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 17:36:28 +0100

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 9:43 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 21:20:09 +0100
>> From: Benjamin Schwehn <[email-masked]>
>> http://sourceforge.net/p/emacsbinw64/wiki/Build%20guideline%20for%20MSYS2-MinGW-w64%20system/
>
> The repository now includes a file nt/INSTALL.W64 which should cover
> the same turf, and be at least as accurate as the MSYS2 instructions,
> since INSTALL.W64 is maintained as part of Emacs.

Yes, i referred to those instructions and found them to be pretty
good. I mentioned the link above only because it shows the exact
params I used for ./configure.

>> Using the latest emacs-25 sources, I can now no longer reproduce the hang.
>
> Thanks for testing.  It is important that the original use case that
> prompted this bug report will also be checked, as I understand it is
> more complicated.  Can you ask the relevant people to try that?

I now also reproduced the original scenario (flycheck with checkers).
It hangs when building with the last check-in in branch emacs-25
before your fix and no longer hangs with the current version. Also
various other people where happy to found the issue fixed in the
thread over at https://github.com/flycheck/flycheck/issues/794

Thanks again,
Ben