Subject: bug#22325: 25.0.50; package.el: describe-package produces a needless newline after "Archive: some-repo" line

From: Chunyang Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:59:09 +0800

From 'emacs -Q':

  M-x package-refresh-contents RET C-h P nameless RET

in *Help* buffer, there is a blank line between "Archive: gnu" and
"Version: 0.5.1".

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.5 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.0.0, NS appkit-1404.11 Version 10.11 (Build 15A284))
of 2015-10-18
Repository revision: 9adfc5f69c08e96e55cf3abb960b86c1a5d74951
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured features:
RSVG IMAGEMAGICK DBUS ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:80 [2 times]
Failed to download ‘gnu’ archive.
You can run the command ‘package-refresh-contents’ with M-x pa-r- RET
Failed to download ‘gnu’ archive.
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:80
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail lisp-mnt thingatpt finder-inf
mm-archive message dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils
network-stream nsm starttls url-http tls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util
mm-util help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars epg package easymenu epg-config time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 107921 8744)
(symbols 48 22111 0)
(miscs 40 50 204)
(strings 32 23713 4280)
(string-bytes 1 661905)
(vectors 16 18646)
(vector-slots 8 852637 109464)
(floats 8 209 126)
(intervals 56 252 0)
(buffers 976 13))