Subject: bug#22301: 25.1.50; Emacs crashes while lisp debugging

From: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 09:50:36 +0100

Le 20/01/2016 05:31, Eli Zaretskii a écrit :
>> From: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]> 
>> Cc: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]>  ,
>>  [email-masked]
>> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 00:34:28 +0100
>>
>> I have recompiled with the latest source and using the compiler options
>> which you gave me, and I do not reproduce the crash (although I have
>> been debugging my SES bugs at length). I have recompiled with the 32bit
>> MinGW. However I am not sure whether the Emacs version that was crashing
>> (that of 2015-12-16), was compiled with this MinGW or with the 64bit
>> MinGW.
>
> If -O0 doesn't reproduce the problem, then please try with -Og
> instead.
>

I have changed -O0 to -Og, but I also did a git pull --- I needed to do
that in order to push my corrections to SES, after all that was just
what I was initially trying to do when the crash occurred.

Now, simingly after this git pull, Emacs does not compile anymore I am
getting this.

make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/master/emacs/admin/unidata'
  CCLD     temacs.exe
sysdep.o: In function `init_random':
c:\Programmes\installation\emacs-install\master\emacs\src/sysdep.c:2122: undefined reference to `w32_init_random'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [temacs.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Programmes/installation/emacs-install/master/emacs/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

I had a look at the emacs git Web interface
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/, and I am now feeling
a bit panicked, as when I did the git pull some commit was inserted
automatically just after my SES corrections, I did not pay too much
attention at this `2 commits ahead', but I now realize that in this
automatic commit there is an incredible number of files affected. I
don't know why that happened so... I hope I did not make anything too
hard to revert if need be.

  Vincent.