Subject: 25.1.50; Enabling tool-bar-mode caused frame size setting failure

From: CHENG Gao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 17:13:05 +0800

Settings below stopped frame size from resizing to largest. If order
changed and upper part put under lower part, it works well.
If tool-bar-mode disabled it works well. Other modes are irrelavant. I
tested them all with comment/uncomment.

,----
| (when window-system (set-frame-size (selected-frame) 155 38 nil)
| 	  (set-frame-position (selected-frame) 0 0))
| 
| (when window-system
| 	(tool-bar-mode 1)
| 	(set-scroll-bar-mode 'right)
| 	(global-linum-mode 1)
| 	(visual-line-mode 1)
|     (mouse-wheel-mode 1))
`----

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.2.0, NS appkit-1404.34 Version 10.11.2 (Build 15C50))
 of 2016-01-01
Repository revision: ee0117c4a859f7d8c37661c60aa4736add4dd53f
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured using:
 'configure CC=clang'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  ede-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/cg/.emacs.d/.emacs-custom.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/cg/.emacs.d/.session...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
uncompressing tool-bar.el.gz...done
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/compface hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/compface

Features:
(shadow sort footnote mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader emacsbug
message idna dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils seq jka-compr eieio-opt org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs session boxquote
rect time linum image-file minibuf-eldef ede/speedbar ede/files ede
ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe eieio-custom wid-edit cedet paren
finder-inf info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core
cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs gnus-util mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 262181 6488)
 (symbols 48 36922 0)
 (miscs 40 259 370)
 (strings 32 72991 11391)
 (string-bytes 1 2240815)
 (vectors 16 32360)
 (vector-slots 8 687600 3125)
 (floats 8 594 118)
 (intervals 56 669 0)
 (buffers 976 15))