Subject: bug#22295: viper-mode undo bug introduced between Nov 10 and Nov 14

From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 23:35:32 +0100

Michael Kifer <[email-masked]> writes:
> I used to have (may still have) access to Solaris where the One True
> Vi could still be found :-) True, vim undo is slightly different. But
> I am not sure there was a vim back when viper started. Besides, the
> '.' came from a precursor of viper, introduced by someone else, so I
> am not responsible :-) After all these years using it I prefer the
> viper behavior.

Trying to preserve the old behaviour (i.e. before I broke it!) is the
best I can offer then!

> Anyway, I have sent more code upstream. It changes the implementation,
> but (hopefully) will preserve the currrent behaviour.
>
> Cool, thanks! 

Please do send me any test cases that do not work. I've got ert unit
tests working now, so I can use any set of keypresses on a clean buffer
with the expected output (preferable as a keyboard macro, but I can
convert a description!).

Phil