Subject: 25.1.50; REGRESSION: Emacs 24.3 breaks loading cl-macs to get macro `case'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 19:23:03 -0800 (PST)

This regression was introduced in Emacs 24.3.  Prior to that, code could
use (require 'cl-macs) to have macros such as `case' provided at
runtime.

(eval-when-compile (require 'cl)) still works, of course.  But neither
(eval-when-compile (require 'cl-macs)) nor (require 'cl-macs) defines
macro `case', starting with Emacs 24.3.

This gratuitously breaks any existing code that loads cl-macs expecting
to get the definition of `case'.  This breakage should not be necessary.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-12-10
Bzr revision: 6148555ee5a3d0139ae517803718b3e0357933c7
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk --enable-checking=yes
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-Og
 -ggdb3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''