Subject: Re: bug#22290: 23.1; tpu-edt

From: Alexis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 16:41:49 +1100

root <[email-masked]> writes:

> We have using emacs with the tpu-edt.elc keypad emulator on Red 
> Hat Linux Release 3 and Release 5 with no problems. On Release 5 
> we are running emacs version 21.4.
>
> We are now upgrading one server to RHEL6 and tpu-edt does not 
> work properly. Most single keypad commands (NEXT LINE, FORWARD, 
> CUT, etc.)  work fine, but SELECT <kp-decimal> does not. None of 
> GOLD keypad commands (OPEN LINE, CHGCASE, PASTE, etc.) work at 
> all.
>
> The version of emacs included with the RHEL6 repository is 
> 23.1.1. I see that the current version is 24.5. I don't know if 
> that is related or not.

23.1 was released in July 2009, so this issue might indeed have 
been resolved in more recent releases. Is it possible for you to 
try a more recent version, either by installing a different RPM, 
or by manually compiling and installing the current version 
(24.5)?