Subject: bug#22284: 25.0.50; "State mismatch" in customize-variable for ess-show-buffer-action

From: Robert McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 11:22:22 -0600

From: rmcd <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 25.0.50; State mismatch in customize-variable for
ess-show-buffer-action
--text follows this line--

emacs -Q
M-x customize-variable ess-show-buffer-action

Result is:   "State : STANDARD. (mismatch)"

ESS version is 20151217.544

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2016-01-01 built on xxx
Repository revision: 372d00a981942a5da868a33372eb29d5806f2ab3
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/data/rmcd/emacs25'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  autopair-mode: t
  autopair-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-fill-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
You can run the command ‘customize-variable’ with M-x c-var RET
Creating customization setup...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils cus-edit
solarized-dark-theme solarized dash hl-line desktop frameset delsel
cus-start cus-load tramp tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util mm-util
help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver table
mic-paren paren multiple-cursors mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more
mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect time-stamp
paredit edmacro kmacro autopair warnings poly-R poly-markdown poly-noweb
polymode poly-base polymode-weave polymode-export polymode-methods
eieio-compat polymode-classes polymode-common eieio-custom wid-edit
eieio-base cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs color ido seq byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-extra help-mode ess-toolbar ess-mouse
mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
ess-noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a shell ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp
ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d ess-julia julia-mode ert pp ewoc debug ess-r-d
ess-r-syntax ess-r-completion ess-tracebug ess-roxy advice hideshow
ess-help ess-developer ess-s-l ess ess-inf compile ess-mode
ess-noweb-mode ess-utils cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib ess-custom
executable ess-compat ess-site ob-ditaa org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs finder-inf tex-site info package easymenu epg-config
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 349906 22927)
 (symbols 48 40757 0)
 (miscs 40 199 163)
 (strings 32 87001 12354)
 (string-bytes 1 2489898)
 (vectors 16 33148)
 (vector-slots 8 689004 3863)
 (floats 8 632 333)
 (intervals 56 315 0)
 (buffers 976 15)
 (heap 1024 49497 1456))